Woah.... I must be crazy. I've just completed my first ever Kettlebell circuit (why did I wait this long to pick these little bad boys up? I'm not sure...!) and I honestly feel I was going to black out; even sitting here writing this, protein shake taken, heart rate back to normal, my vision is blurry and starry.... But I feel fantastic!
Surely that's not right?
I'm normally one for the 'conventional' exercises, squats, push ups, chin ups and some dumbell work for my puny arms, and I do know the importance of 'switching up' to keep your muscles guessing and not settling into a routine where they're used to everything and stop growing.
But this was TOTALLY different. Every move was something I wasn't truly used to, even if they were variations of exercises I've become accustomed to. I loved the changed. I loved the challenge. I know at some point over the next few days I'll silently be cursing the toll this change will take on my muscles! I want to master these new moves, become one with the kettlebell and incorporate it into my workout ethic and regime...
And learn not to drop them mid-exercise.... They nearly went through the floor!
I apologize in advance to my friends and colleagues that may hear me comment on how sore I am, but know that deep down inside I'm secretly enjoying this pain.... Yeah, I'm a sicko.
In other news, this weekend is the final weekend of pre-production meetings for the "Thousand Words" MV project! I'm so excited! Storyboarding on Saturday and BIG group meet up on Sunday! Can't wait to meet everyone!
Have a fantastic Friday everybody. You'll be hearing from me soon. And if the kettlebells start doing there thing, maybe you'll be seeing more of me soon! Haha! Okay, that was a joke, sorry!
I'm gonna lie down for a bit now. Stay creative!
Fighting!
CGX

No comments:
Post a Comment