Saturday, 12 March 2011

'Thousand Words' MV - The Shoot! Day Two

Hey all!

I hope this day finds you well and happy, wherever you are...
We are still well into post-production on the 'Thousand Words' MV, as Director/producer/editor Milli Lo beavers away amid her own personal and University projects. Her hard work never ceases to amaze me.



And so onto Day Two of the shoot! One week after the horrid cold of the outside world, we arrived at our first interior location, the 'Apartment'. This was going to be used to set the scene as mine and Chantal's living space and a multitude of shots were planned to take place, from single shots to couple shots and a few 'phantom shots' where we were both in the scene, but I wasn't 'there', but unfortunately, as much as our Make up and Stylist for the shoot Becky Hall wanted, there was gonna be NO shower scene!



The day started with a complete redressing of set, as the spacing and general layout wasn't as we would of wished (I won't tell you how worried I was in terms of space when I first arrived!). This lasted around an hour, then as Chantal wasn't due to arrive till the afternoon, I get suited up for my first set of solo singing shots, Becky on hand to make sure I looked (at least remotely) handsome!



Space and lighting were a definite issue this day but the team were as fantastic as ever overcoming these obstacles, our master cinematographer and DOP Luc worked tirelessly and along with Seun and Ellie lending their very capable hands, we were able to set up the shots to the best we could. As always Lordio of the Audio Tom was there, as well as Will and Chris, making sure they captured the proceedings on film.



After the solo shots, Chris Lee decided it would be time for an impromptu photo shoot featuring the retro mic stand I brought along for the third day of the shoot. Why not break it out early, eh?



And our leading lady arrived after a hard day at work, spending no time to rest, got straight into make up and ready to film! We shot tonnes of couple scenes, from having a snack together (not sure if it was breakfast, who has croissants and plums for breakfast?!) to getting cosy on the sofa and even a 'under the covers' scene, but nothing like that, you dirty minded people! You'll have to wait for the video to see the results!



Then into the 'phantom' scenes. The effect we were after was one of myself not actually being there, singing to Chantal in the background as she carries on with her day. I think it worked, and some of the scenes looked real nice. I cannot wait to see how it is all edited together!



Before we knew it, it was late evening and we had been working for over twelve hours (not without a break for food, I'm not that unreasonable!) and we had decided to call it a day, happy with what we got, which was a LOT.
With the majority of the crew departed and on their way home, we shot some quick 'mini interviews' with myself, Chantal and Milli, hoping to catch something to add to our 'Making Of' short that we plan to release sometime soon before the MV...

And so came the end of a long, hard working day, nearly 14 hours for some people! Again a huge thank you to the team at Chronicle Studios, couldn't have done it without you!

Photography in this blog provided by Chris Lee.

See you soon for a run down of the third and final day of shooting!

Stay safe and well,
CGX

No comments:

Post a Comment